The State Fair will be here before we know it! Use the link below to buys your tickets in advance, save your family money AND get funds donated to YOUR CHILD'S SCHOOL!
For every Advance Adult Gate Admission Ticket purchased using a school code, the State Fair will donate $2 to the school. For every Advance Child Gate Admission Ticket purchased using a school code, the State Fair will donate $1 to the school.
To support your school, simply enter your school code under "Membership" at check-out on the Tools for Schools link. This promotion is only available online in advance of the Fair. Tickets must be purchased by 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 12.
We welcomed nearly 70 high school students bright and early on this rainy Saturday for an action-packed day of NC End-of-Course (EOC) test prep. Despite the sleepy-eyed condition of the teenagers upon arrival, by all accounts they had a very productive and successful day and are now poised to show tremendous growth on their final exams!
Thanks to our local business partners, we raffled off three $100 gift cards, one $50 gift card and a set of brand new "Apple AirPod" wireless earbuds. We also fed the students a delicious Chick-fil-a lunch!
A super special shout out to these VERY dedicated teachers who led the sessions:
- Amanda Vaughn (GCHS) - English 2
- Freda LeMay (SGHS) - Math 1
- Mhelcris Reyes (GCHS) - Math 3
- Amy Blaker (GCHS) - Biology
Also, a BIG thanks to...
- Custodian James Holmes for taking care of everyone,
- Dr. Janita Allen for hosting the event and being on campus to assist with the bootcamp,
- AND, Mrs. Angie Salisbury for organizing and facilitating the entire event!!!!